Blagdon Barley Straw Bales
Use for: Clearing green water or cotton wool like green string algae (blanket weed) in the pond environment
This product may be used in ponds with filters and all species of pond fish, plants and water using wildlife.
Barley Straw Bales are available in 3 sizes:
Mini Bale: Treats up to 4,500 litres (1000 gals) for 3 months
Medium Bale: Treats up to 9,000 litres (2000 gals) for 3 months
Large Bale: Treats up to 13,500 litres (3000 gals) for 3 months
- Calculate the ponds volume using the online volume calculator
- Remove the clear outer bag and label, DO NOT remove the net bag
- Place the bale in the pond, we recommend positioning it in an area of water flow to speed up the effectiveness of the Barley Straw Bale.
- The barley straw bale will now slowly start to break down and should take effect within 2-6 weeks dependent on the ponds water temperature and time of year.
- To prevent further new algae growth we recommend removing the dead algae as it appears. Treat with Blagdon Sludge buster, this prevents oxygen levels dropping which may harm fish and the release of nutrients which stimulate further algae problems.
Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight and protect from frost and damp