Anti Crustacean Parasite
Use for: Removing visible parasites such as fish lice (Argulus), anchor worm (Lernaea) , fish leeches (Piscicola) and gill maggots (Ergasilus) from your aquarium
This treatment is suitable for use in coldwater and tropical freshwater aquariums. It should not be used in aquariums with Mormyrids (Elephant nose fish)
- Shake the bottle thoroughly before use and ensure the aquarium pH level is above 6.5. Remove all carbon and zeolite filter media from the aquarium. Note: If possible remove and keep alive biological media during treatments.
- 1ml of Anti Crustacean Parasite treats 5 litres of water. Measure the required amount for your aquarium and mix with half a litre of warm water until fully dissolved, before pouring evenly over the aquarium surface.
- Monitor pH, ammonia and nitrite levels during and after treatment.
The pipette provided measures 1ml and the measuring cap measures up to 20ml of this treatment. You can use the dosage calculator below to calculate the correct amount for your aquarium volume.
To eliminate leeches completely a second dose may be required. If you need to redose or use another treatment wait 7 days and carry out a 30% water change first. When dosing is complete carbon, zeolite and biological filter can be returned to the aquarium. Consider a dose of Quick Safe Start to reestablish a strong biological filter
For more information on treating with this product please check the more information tab
Anti Crustacean Parasite:
- has to be a powerful treatment to impact higher parasite forms unfortunately it also impacts biological filtration so great care must be taken to manage water quality issues after treatment. - can be used in coldwater and tropical freshwater aquariums.
- can not be used with UV filters. Exposure to UV light will make the treatment toxic.
- can not be used in aquariums with a pH below 6.5
- can be used alongside all Interpet Water Treatments except Ammonia Remover. Do not treat with Ammonia Remover until all post treatment water changes have been completed
- this treatment can NOT be used at the same time as other Interpet First Aid Treatments
- can only be redosed 7 days after the final dose and a 30% water change (the same goes for using another disease treatment subsequent to this)
- will not discolour your aquarium