Blagdon Blanket Weed Buster
Use for: Introducing bacteria and enzymes which break down organic waste and use up algae nutrients in your pond to help clear ponds of blanket weed, pond sludge and green water. Blanket Weed Buster will also help to keep healthy water quality for fish and plants
- Calculate the volume of water in your pond using our online volume calculator
- Fill a container with 1 litre (2pints) of hand warm water, approx. 40'c. Water from the hot tap is fine.
- Measure out 1 x level measuring spoonful (6.6g) of Blanket Week Buster for every 1325 litres (292 gals) to be treated.
- Add the Blanket Weed Buster to the warm water and stir thoroughly
- To maximise the number of active bacteria to add to the pond allow the mixture to stand for 30 minutes. Incubation for 8hrs or overnight multiplies the number of bacteria many hundreds of times making the product even more effective.
- Switch off any UV system
- Dose the incubated liquid into the pond, try and spread the dose evenly over the surface. Wash all the contents of the mixture into the pond.
- Switch the UV system back on after 48hrs
To keep the pond healthy and prevent the return of algae, re-dose every 2-4 weeks during the summer months. Bacterial activity is temperature dependent, below 12'C product benefits will be slow to be observed.